LOVE 2 PLAY
We can help you and your dog enjoy each other again.
Group classes or private training, we teach just about everything. And always, always in small classes so you get the individual attention you deserve.
Lots of choices, lots of possibilities, lots of fun…lots of play, because we Love 2 Play.
A Certified Training Partner and Behaviour Adjustment Instructor (CBATI), and Dog Behavior Consultant (Associate). Certified as a Nosework Instructor with the National Association of Canine ScentWork (NACSW).
Glenda’s focus is on puppies and she is a graduate of the Karen Pryor Academy Puppy Start Right Program. Besides puppies, she also has a special interest in heelwork to music and musical freestyle.
Julia is a graduate and a Certified Training Partner with Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behaviour and also a Family Paws Certified Instructor.
Karen is a graduate and a Certified Training Partner with Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behaviour.
I have been training my dogs and helping other people with their dogs for over 17 years. Love 2 Play grew out of demands from my friends to pass on the knowledge I was gaining by attending workshops. The world of dog training has changed significantly in the past decade and I travel to numerous multi-day seminars each year in order to keep abreast of improvements in training methods in obedience, agility and behaviour. Initially it was for my own benefit training my dogs, but now I attend seminars in order to bring to my doggie classroom successful training methods based on science.
In addition to receiving my certification through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers (CPDT-KA) in 2010, I graduated from Karen Pryor Academy of Animal Training and Behaviour (KPA-CTP) and am a Certified Training Partner. I am also a Certified Behaviour Adjustment Instructor (CBATI), an Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (Associate) and recently certified as a Nosework Instructor with the National Association of Canine ScentWork (NACSW).
My continuous education shows in the accomplishments of my own dogs. Before his retirement my smooth collie, Andrei, placed 4th in his class at the AAC BC/Yukon Regional Championships 2 years in a row and 4th in his class at the AAC National Championships, achieved his agility championship, his CARO (RallyO) Versatility MCL, his CKC Novice Rally title, his CKC CD and worked as a St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog. My border collie, Nai’a, marker trained from 8 weeks, has completed her CKC Rally Novice and CARO Novice, Advanced, Excellent, Novice Team, Advanced Team, and Excellent Team titles (with several scores of perfect 200).
As well, she competes in agility, scent work and is certified as a St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog. We dabble in Canine Musical Freestyle and Scent Hurdle (so many dog sports, so little time!). My adolescent, Torrent (also a border collie) has a passion for scent detection and was the first dog in Canada to pass his Novice and Advanced Titles with United Nosework (now the nosework program with United Kennel Club). My youngster, Focus, has taught me about the power of impulse (self) control and is turning into an amazing working dog.
I am a judge with the Canadian Association of Rally Obedience (and have been a member of the national executive for 7 years), a rally and agility judge with the Canadian Kennel Club, an agility judge with the Agility Association of Canada and a nosework judge with Canine Work and Games. I am a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers and the Association of Professional Dog Trainers. I have been passionate about scent detection for several years and in 2015 I became a Certified NoseWork Instructor. I am a Certified Behaviour Adjustment Trainer and in early 2016 I completed my certification with the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. In late 2017, always dedicated to professional development, I became a Certified Trick Dog Instructor. And am presently working towards my certification as an AKC Scentwork Judge and an AKC Trick Dog Judge. My passion is teaching people and watching their dogs learn.
In my ‘other’ life, I was a teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing and also taught at UBC in the masters program educating potential teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing. My dog students benefit because my teacher training background has made me adept at breaking down concepts and individualizing instruction.
Animal Training / Dog Behaviour
- Certification by the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants
Animal Training / Dog Behaviour
- Clicker Expo (3 day conference plus trip to Guide Dogs for the Blind)
- Five Go to Sea Animal Training Cruise (with K. Ramirez, A Kurland, K. Laurence, J. Rosales-Ruiz)
Agility / Obedience / Nosework
- Hannah Branigan Obedience (Fenzi Academy)
- Engagement (Fenzi Academy)
- Advanced Nosework (Fenzi Academy)
- Certification as a K9 NoseWork Instructor
- Intro to K9NW with Jill Marie
- Pawsitive Steps Online Agility Programs
- Pawsitive Steps Agility Camp
- CARO judges’ seminar
- AAC judges’ seminar
2013 – 2014
Animal Training/Dog Behaviour
- Clicker Expo (3 day conference)
- Online Recall Course with Susan Garrett (5 years)
- Participant in Susan Garrett’s Inner Circle (3 years)
- Chicken Camp (Targeting and Discrimination) with Terry Ryan
- Hosted Karen Pryor Academy
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers Conference (5 days)
- Behaviour Adjustment Training with Grisha Stewart (2 day seminar)
- Behaviour Adjustment Training Instructor’s Course (Grisha Stewart)
- Kay Laurence Dog Training Seminar (5 Days)
- Empowered Puppies (Fenzi Academy / Ahimsa Dog Training)
Agility / Obedience
- Pawsitive Steps Summer Agility Camp, Novice Dogs
- Pawsitive Steps Summer Agility Camp, Masters Dogs
- Pawsitive Steps Agility Outreach
- Pawsitive Steps Online Programs
- Roseanne DeMasio Agility Seminar
- Working with Sports Dogs (Erin Cook)
- CARO judges seminar (every year)
- Online Nosework courses (Denise Fenzi)
- Nosework Instructor’s Course (Andrew Ramsey)
- Andrew Ramsey Nosework Seminar
- NACSW Nosework Camp
2001 – 2012
Agility / Obedience seminars:
- Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behaviour
- Susan Garrett (multiple, multi-day seminars)
- Building Motivation and Drive for all Sports (Denise Fenzi)
- Jane Simmons Moake
- Stuart Mah and Patti Hatfield
- Jen Pinder
- Terry Simons (2)
- Barb Davis (2)
- Stacy Peardot Goudy (2)
- Theresa Rector (2)
- Puppy Foundations Skills (Theresa Rector, Shannon Mercer)
- Susan Salo Foundation Jumping (2)
- Pawsitive Steps Agility Outreach – 9 years
- Pawsitive Steps Agility Summer Puppy Camp–5 years
- Pawsitive Steps Agility Masters Camp–5 years
- Pawsitive Steps Winter Agility Camp
- Say Yes to Contact Success (Susan Garrett)
- Janice Gunn Obedience Seminar
- Online agility seminar with Greg Derrett
- CARO Judges’ Seminar (2)
Animal Training / Behaviour
- Clicker Expo (3 day animal training conference)–3 years
- Advanced Animal Training Course at Shedd Aquarium with Ken Ramirez
- Dog Aggression, Dr. Sophia Yin
- Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers (2 day conference)
- Kathy Sdao “The Art and Science of Clicker Training” (basic and advanced level)
- Sue Ailsby –basic and advanced seminars
- Jean Donaldson
- Relaxed and Ready: Go for It! (based on Control Unleashed)–twice
- Online Puppy Training with Susan Garrett
- Online Recall Seminar with Susan Garrett
- Online Shaping Course with Susan Garrett
- Online Seminar with Pamela Dennison “Living in a Multi-Dog Household”
CARO judges’ clinic
AAC judges’ clinic